Wednesday, March 6, 2013

An Interview !

After a very long time, so many cancelled appointments, so many sudden cancellations, my favorite writer, my guru, my role model, my hero, my love had accepted for an interview. It was my first interview as a journalist ( as if i have given thousand interviews as celebrity!). There he was sitting in his terrace, in a chill eve with one of his favorite dish and living life . I stood there for a long time, without wanting to disturb him. At-last he saw me.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked me.
"Around some ten minutes"
"See, you dont know the value of time, useless bugger, now what?"
"Interview" I said.
"What interview?"
"The one you promised, this is my first interview as a journalist sir"
"All crap. Come sit"
"How did you choose writing as your career?" I asked.
"Coz, no one was ready to give me a job !"
"Who inspired you sir?"
"A lot of people , too many to  count" he said.
"Why do you always choose writing about India, people, their sufferings when there are a lot of other important things in life, sir?"
"May be because you guys dont know anything regarding our county, all you care about is cricket, love, sex and money and girls same list, put make up in the place of cricket"
"But how do you believe just writing a book would change all these things?"
"I am not saying things will change. I write about love, sex , marriage so that guys and girls come to know about reality and who knows, a few of our fellows would respect girls, atleast , the time he takes to read my book, I would have saved a girl from abuse and phone sex"

"Why do you write about intimacy?"
"You know intimacy was there from the day Adam took the apple and it will be there till last woman survives in this planet. We make it too much complicated for our teen kids, talk sex, it will prove our kids that there is nothing ashamed about it"
"What is your view on love?"
"Essence of life"

"According to you what type of love is best love, puppy love, teen love or matured love?"
"Self- Love. Yeah the hard truth is you people are so busy in loving your partner, that you don't have time for self- love. At certain point of time, in life you will understand that all the sacrifices you made, all the love you poured, all the drama you created are pointless. But just put it this way, if you do all these things for the betterment of you! then you would have any reason to be sad or to have self pity".

"Advice to youngsters, sir?"
"Do you think am an old man, you fool?"
"Sorry sir, I dint mean it that way"
"Fine. So all the young people reading this, I know you people are busy chasing money, rushing into comfort zone and expanding your horizon to the luxury zone. For change, try respecting your parents and make them laugh. Make them feel the love, show them that they are not left alone"
"Thank you so much for the interview sir" I stood up.
"Have dinner na?" he offered.
"No, thank you sir" I said and left, seeing that forty year old man feeding his mother, not just with food, with love, care and affection.
He isn't the richest, but for sure he is the superlative form of happy. 


Climbing down the stairs, I called my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment