Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Slam Book

A single paper, a bunch of pages stitched, an old dairy, long size notebooks, costly slam books, no matter what in the above category comes as your slam book, it is your memories, memories of those last bench eating when teacher was busy teaching, memories of those muffled laughter, memories of those fail mark sheets, memories of those team work tests, memories of those untold love, memories of our first crush, first love, first achievement , memories of those self discovery moments. 

In this fast moving world, we forget people, we forger their b day's, we forget the part they played in our life. We would travel in different paths, few towards money, few towards love, few towards life, few towards death. We would forget all the efforts they put in just to make our life happier, just to put a smile on our face. We would say that new found friends are greater, new found relatives are wiser, new found colleagues are much more fun and have the cool attitude. But we easily forget the shared tiff-in boxes by our old friends, changing names in our assignments to save us from our teachers, those sweet lies to our parents to take us out just for our sake of happiness. We enjoy the verses of poems, forgetting the alphabets. 


We might be doctors, engineers , fashion designers, software kings, technical legends, etc, but still our friends, old friends would be the one would call us by those funny pet names, by those slang, by those idiotic phrases. They are the ones who would still bully us with the teacher who we had crushes ( the list itself would come more than a page in my case). I still remember my friends bringing me food and snacks as I hated the hostel food. I thought why is a slam book necessary when I am gonna be with them whole my life. But I was wrong. Few departed, few joined , few left without traces, few stay in touch, few got married, few had heart breaks, but still I have their slam wishes, dated till death. 

It is not only your ex's gifts or their love letters would bring pain and tears, but it is also the writings of your old buddies, old group photos, old pet names, old shared jokes, old friendships , etc, it would bring all those moments all at once. I promise you, as soon as you head back to your home, open your slam books, you know how much you are loved, how much we are missed, how much we are remembered, how much friends we had and very important that how we lived life and how much we are worth loving and living. 

If you read a millions of books for the enlightenment of  your brain, open your slam book for the enlightenment of your soul. It is book worth keeping as a treasure, because it teaches and proves us, how much worthy we are and how much we are loved! 

Dedicated to all my school buddies. God damn it! it is really wearied but  I don't know why, I love you guys and I miss you ! Take care fellows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment