Friday, March 29, 2013

My Dear Brother.

Hi Bro!
             I have been watching you for a long time, standing near the site constructions, eating your dinner with a confused look and painful eyes, shouting into the phone in some different language, surviving in a place where you are welcome no where. Ya bro, it is about you, my fellow north Indians who come as bonded workers, coming in search of jobs and living life as slaves and a lot worse than a hybrid dog in some rich man's home. Welcome to Tamil Nadu!

I wonder
How will you propose your classmate crush?
How will you take your parents to a high class hotel in your first salary?
How will you see the moments of your beloved son taking his first step?
How will you get back home and live life?

At the age of 16, you start working in a hot construction site in Tamil Nadu, cleaning tables in a hotel, helping traffic cops in signals, developing my Chennai into a beautiful city and you guys get paid the least, in every school and college functions, all our chief guest would proudly announce the literacy rate of Tamil Nadu is steeply climbing up and the number of new schools and colleges blossoming, hiding the fact that Tamil Nadu is the number 2 state in making other state kids work. We thrive on their had work, we graduate on their illiteracy.


This is the incident that made me write this post. It was a private school annual day, as usual all kids were dressed wonderfully, angles and dancers, they rocked the show. After the show, I stayed back for interviewing the principal. Then came a tthirteen year old north Indian kid, in his cleaning costume, he was the only fellow on the stage . . ..
He took out the flower bits that was scattered in the stage and he started acting a scene from the play that was a huge hit that evening. He posed as the king, he blushed as the queen, he stood as the soilder, he came in as the princess father and apposed to the marriage and finally, he married the princess, he gave such a reaction! The sound system fellow played Mozart's master piece. .
After the entire scene, he knelt down and placed the floor where it was and started sweeping it off!

And then I named my interview "Play Named Perfect!"
Need less to say, I became the best fan of that kid, I asked him what do you want bro? we can eat anything.
He refused it politely and asked for my phone, he talked to his family and for the first time in my life, I felt proud owning a phone!



We need not give them awards but A smile would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment