Monday, June 17, 2013

Dear Navean ,



Hi Mr. Navean Kumar, long time no see. Sorry was quite occupied. Now, I have a certain things to discuss with you and you may wonder why this fellow has selected me why not others. And there is an obvious answer, none other than you would take literature and reading seriously. This is gona be quite a long chat I suppose. Shall we begin? 

The first thing that bothers me is , the thirst for literature is declining in a rapid phase in our generation. Many of our friends are so busy in getting placed and earning tons and tons. When I open a talk about books and philosophy to our friends all I get is odd looks and “dude, do you really mind?” attitude. If one or two gives me such an experience, I wouldn’t bother much but this is how I end up every single time. As the reader’s thirst comes down, the writer’s thirst too comes down. Look at all recent success, love stories, lust stories, hard sex stories. So, is this how we are gona mark our history ? 

I want our essence of life and T20 in such a platform that no one would be able to say that today’s youngsters have come down in their standards. We must not give truth alone, we must give them morals, we must give them questions, we must revoke their aspiring spirit towards patriotism, social welfare, contribution towards society. When you say a guy forced a girl to sex and call it a rape, I say, when we write un ethical things and we rape the entire society. When we look at shakesphere or lamb or whoever for that concern (17th and 18th Century writers), when they describe a women, they go ahead with her qualities, their sufferings and their sacrifices. But today when our so called modern writer describe a school girl, they start with her breast (even women writers do the same).

Few books which I have come across recently, their themes kill me. Leave your husband if your sex life isn’t much fun , make love under your school basement, rape your friend’s sister, hit your father if he advices you, others if I talk about, you would come all the way from cbe just to kill me. Even in history books, sex, blow jobs take a major role. Is writing about sex, illegal relationships, teen problems, drugs and living together and etc considered modern writing? So what are we going to give our kids to read? A sex fantasy of a girl over a vampire?
Will our writings ever touch the topics of educational reformation?
Will we write about child labour?
Nature?
Animal amputation and torture?
Water table management ?
History, in the correct sense, a tool that would lead us in the future.
Will all Bharathi’s poem die slowly ?
Will all Shakesphere’s play fade slowly?
Are we fighting a losing battle?
I want a loud NO for all the above mentioned questions. Its not just you and me, there are many more aspirant youngsters who are willing to contribute, but there is no proper head to lead them. So, all I ask you is, write with some moral even if it is a small post, give importance to our heritage if possible, lets write about birds a little bit, about fishes, about frogs, about anything under sun but humans. Let us write about relationships, families , get together, group dinners, let us write everything that would give unity in our society. Let us suggest books to those who are lost, lt us shout even if no one hears with attention but still it will go into them. 

I know we don’t get enough recognitions, we have not made to the best seller lists ao far, we have faced all the struggles to develop this habit, we haven’t got enough encouragement, but we know it is our duty to write the right things, things that are needed the most, things that we must change.
You might also have a question why isn’t it a personal conversation but a public one?
There are lot more Aravind and Navean out there, this is to encourage and motivate all of them. We are moving in the right path, just because our travel is un eventful it doesn’t mean that our destination would be so. I know things are tough, I know it is hard, I know it sucks to cry all alone in mid night with your work in hands and with no recognition. I know we are up against massive crowd, might be a billion or more. We are not gona face them, we are just gona turn our direction! 

WE ARE GONA LEAD THEM
IN THE RIHT PATH
TO THE RIGHT DESTINATION !
After all we writers, make history! 

Life is beautiful, 
Enjoy it to the fullest , 
With Love, 
Aravind 

1 comment:

  1. I will, will, will, will ...... this is my mantra........
    !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete